Willow Creek Valley Economic Development Group
The Willow Creek Valley Economic Development Group (WCVEDG) is dedicated to encourage and support the retention and expansion of existing businesses in the Heppner, Lexington and Ione areas and to support economic growth in the local communities and to improve the quality of life for local residents.
- To work with local businesses in the areas of retention and expansion by providing incentives that encourage and support business growth and job creation.
- Work to attract new businesses that provide new employment opportunities for the area, while increasing the local tax base to improve the quality of life for area residences.
- Work to support public infrastructure improvement projects that encourage, support and sustain future growth for the community.
- Promotion of Workforce Housing as a tool for Economic Development through improved housing opportunities and direct rental housing development.
Who we are
WCVEDG is a volunteer organization. We meet in the Heppner Chamber office on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 8:00 AM Visitors are welcome to join the meetings.
- WCVEDGPO Box 14Heppner, OR 97836
- Phone: 541.676.5536
- Fax: 541.676.5656
WCVEDG Community and Public Enhancement Grant
Download Application Packet - PDF
Grant requests must meet all of the following requirements before consideration will be given:
- Applicant organizations must be a local organization, club, special districts, or a governmental entity.
- The geographical focus of the project must be for the benefit of residents of south Morrow County as defined by the WCVEDG Service Area Map.
- Must have at least 50% of funding (may include in-kind and cash contributions from local and regional sources) for the total project budget committed before application.
- Priority will be given to “Project Ready” projects.
- Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the board.
WCVEDG will not consider funding requests for:
- Endowments or reserve funds.
- General fund drives, such as United Way.
- Debt retirement or operating deficits.
- Indirect expenses unrelated to the project or program being funded.
- Sponsorship of fundraising events.
- Propagandizing or influencing elections or legislation.
WCVEDG Housing Rehabilitation Grant
Download Application Packet - PDF or Word
Eligible projects are those that further the purpose and intent of this program listed in Section 1. Projects may include, but are not limited to: improvements to building structures, HVAC, roofing, plumbing, electrical systems, flooring, interior, exterior finishing and curb appeal landscaping.
Eligible projects do not include improvements to manufactured dwellings.
Funding is not guaranteed and the program may be amended to meet community needs
WCVEDG Business Incentive Grant
To learn more download application.